Saturday, November 1, 2014

Currently November 2014

I was looking at some of our Accelerated Math (AM) print outs and noticed that we are over 25% of the way through with this school year.  I know I should have realized that since we finished the first quarter, but somehow seeing that had a bigger impact. This year is literally FLYING by!  It is already November and that means it is time to link up with Farley for Currently! I am so excited to be her sponsor this month!


Listening: My boys have been elaborately sorting and trading their Halloween candy all day long!  They even paid some taxes to their parents (without even being asked!).

Loving:  I may have bought three new pairs of shoes this week when I went to buy Luke new shoes.  But I NEEDED new boots, ballet flats, and mules, so totally justified - right? LOL!

Thinking: One awesome thing about teaching in Nevada is that we get a day off in honor of Nevada Day - which happened to land on Halloween this year!  Woo Hoo!  Nevada Day is technically October 31st, but they changed it to the last Friday of the month for celebration reasons.  I am loving my much needed three day weekend!

Wanting: As I sit typing this, I am wanting a new office chair.  This one has definitely seen better days!  It is on my Christmas list this year, so hopefully Santa comes through!

Needing: I have a half day sub this week for professional development and I have to prepare lesson plans for it.  Am I the only one who HATES planning for a sub??? Especially on a PD day - it seems like double the work!

Reading: I have been wanting to read Number Talks forever and luckily our admin purchased a book for each grade level to share.  I am the lucky one to have it first!  I will share some ideas I learn when I finish it!

What are you Currently up to?  Link up and share!


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on 3 new pairs of shoes!! I am in desperate need of some shoe-shopping myself!! I am also so very jealous of your 3-day weekend! In my currently, that was my "wanting"!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

    Rebecca
    Create.Teach.Share

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Three pairs of new shoes is totally a must! :) A three day weekend over Halloween would be ideal! I like the idea of Nevada Day being on Halloween... good line up of a calendar this year! Happy November!!

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate planning for a sub period. It's SO much work and there is no guarantee that the sub will actually follow the lessons. We have such a hard time getting good subs that I dread when I have to be gone. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definitely not the only one who hates preparing for a sub. It's one of the fallbacks of being a teacher--it's more work to call in sick than it is to just go and teach sick! lol. Enjoy your three day weekend!

    Amanda
    First Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely not the only one who hates preparing for a sub. It's one of the fallbacks of being a teacher--it's more work to call in sick than it is to just go and teach sick! lol. Enjoy your three day weekend!

    Amanda
    First Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely in "need" of shoes. Next weekend, maybe. Sub plans--we can ALL relate. Good luck!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for being the sponsor! My kids elaborately sort their candy and do trades too : ) Have a great November and good luck making the plans--I don't know when writing plans for someone else is ever fun.
    ~Lucy
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...