Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Writing Biographies - How We Research and Write


One of the units we do in fourth grade in our district is research.  I have already shared some of our animal research projects, and today I am sharing the work we have been doing writing biographies.

One product that I used this unit was this Biography Sticky Note Reports from Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher.

Biography Sticky Note Report





I don't know what it is, but there is something motivating in 4th grade about writing on a post-it note.



They were able to organize their notes so much better, which made for easier report writing.  







Make sure you use the higher quality post-its so that you don't have sticky notes everywhere!



I am linking up with Jivey's Workshop Wednesday.  Be sure to check out other great ideas!


2 comments:

  1. I love this idea!! There is definitely something they love about sticky notes. And I totally agree- gotta use POST-IT brand or they just don't stick! Thanks for linking up!
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to organize notes. This can be a real challenge for some students. I really like how flexible it is if students need to make changes. Thank you for sharing!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...