Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Digital Pensieve

I love, love, love the idea of Daily 5 and CAFE, but I do not love the idea of carrying around an awkward binder full of reading records and conference notes. So... this is where my ipad comes in as a digital pensieve!



I got these two apps (one was a paid app - Confer at $9.99 but totally worth it in my humble opinion - I would have spent at least that putting a binder together). The other app - Running Records was FREE!!!!

I tested them out with my own kiddos today to see how they worked and they are amazing!  Here is a screen shot of Luke's running record (ignore the sloppy handwriting, I'll get better with practice).  Not only could I save it in a file, I could email it to myself to print out for a file or to give to parents or my principal.



You can then put the results into Confer which will automatically group students based on strategy,  reading level, teaching point, weakness, or strengths.  Love that!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to look into that.

    Christine
    Tales From Rm 17!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! These will make it a lot easier to take notes and keep records!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great, do you know if they are available for Android? I love that you can save it all to a file!
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the vote. Did you know the 2 Sisters are coming out with a digital pensive too? I am hoping to see it soon as it will be released in early August. It is actually web based so can be used on any device that connects to the web.

    ilive2learnilove2grow 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for linking up! I'm going to share these apps with some of our reading intervention teachers. They will love you for the running record app alone!

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...